Friday, June 27, 2008

New Wine Bar Coming to Fayetteville

Thanks to some good friends in Dallas, I had the opportunity to experience my first wine bar, Vino 100. I came back thinking that opening a wine bar in Northwest Arkansas would be a great idea (if only I had the money!).

Now, I hear from an insider that a local development group will be opening one just off Dickson Street in August called The Wine Cellar. It's going to be an upscale full service bar with a great technological twist for wine dispensing. The system they are installing will hold 24 bottles, mixed reds and whites, and will preserve the wine for up to 60 days. I'm not sure if this is the same system in the picture below, but it seems similar.

If you can use an ATM machine, you'll be able to use the self-service wine bar at The Wine Cellar. Insert your card (shown at the top left of the machine in the picture) and your account information will be brought up on the screen. When you find the wine of your choice, you will use the screen to select the amount of wine you want - tasting glass, half glass or full glass. Place your glass under the spout and you will have a perfectly measured glass of wine.


All in all, I think is going to be a great asset to the Fayetteville entertainment district. It is very neat technology and will make the wine bar experience very novel. The sommelier and wait staff will be able to spend more time with the customers discussing the wine selection rather than running back and forth from the bar all the time. I also this will pique in interest in wine education. I'm really excited about the future of this bar and fully intend to make regular appearances.

No comments: